Recently, India's most well-known film script-writer Salim Khan (actor Salman Khan's father) has said to a senior journalist in an interview: "Does anyone remember who the chief minister of Maharashtra was during the Mumbai riots which were no less deadly than the Gujarat riots of 2002? Does anyone recall the name of the chief minister of UP during Malliana and Meerut riots or that of the Bihar CM when the Bhagalpur or Jamshedpur riots under Congress regimes took place? Do we hear names of earlier chief ministers of Gujarat under whose charge, hundreds of riots took place in post-Independence India? Does anyone remember who was in-charge of Delhi's security when the 1984 massacre of Sikhs took place in the capital of India? How come Narendra Modi has been singled out as the Devil Incarnate as if he personally carried out all the killings during the riots of 2002?" No speck of doubt about what Salim Khan has said. When one says Gujarat's agriculture growth is 10-11% since whole last decade The other says 2002 Riots! When one says he made the Asia's biggest solar plant, The other says 2002 Riots! When one says Gujarat is the only state in the whole of India to provide 24*7 and 365 days electricity to almost all of its 18,000 villages, The other says 2002 Riots! When one says - World Bank's statement of 2011 said, Gujarat roads are equivalent to international standards, The other says 2002 Riots! When one says Gujarat is the first State in country to have "high speed wireless Broadband service in its all 18,000 villages, The other says 2002 Riots! When one says Forbes Magazine rated Ahmadabad as the fastest growing city in India and 3rd in the world, The other says 2002 Riots! When one says Gujarat Tourism is growing faster than ever before, The other says 2002 Riots! When one says according to central govt's Labour Bureau's report, Gujarat has the lowest unemployment rate in country, The other says 2002 Riots! When Narendra Modi is being chosen as the best current Indian leader in almost all surveys & polls again and again The other says 2002 Riots! When one says 2003-2013 are the only 10 straight years in Gujarat history which are totally riot-free, The other STILL says 2002 Riots! But when we remind them about riots which occurred during Congress and in Communist Party rule :
- 1947: Bengal....5,000 to 10,000 dead....CONGRESS RULE.
- 1967: Ranchi....200 DEAD..........CONGRESS RULE.
- 1969: Ahmedabad...512 DEAD........CONGRESS RULE.
- 1970: Bhiwandi....80 DEAD.............CONGRESS RULE.
- 1979: Jamshedpur..125 DEAD......CPIM RULE (COMMUNIST PARTY)
- 1980: Moradabad...2,000 DEAD...CONGRESS RULE.
- 1983: Nellie Assam.....5,000 DEAD...CONGRESS RULE.
- 1984: anti-Sikh Delhi...2,733 DEAD...CONGRESS RULE.
- 1984: Bhiwandi....146 DEAD....CONGRESS RULE
- 1985: Gujarat.....300 DEAD..CONGRESS RULE.
- 1986: Ahmedabad......59 DEAD.....CONGRESS RULE.
- 1987: Meerut....81 DEAD...CONGRESS RULE.
- 1989: Bhagalpur......1,070 DEAD......CONGRESS RULE.
- 1990: Hyderabad......300+ DEAD....CONGRESS RULE.
- 1992: Mumbai....900 TO 2000 DEAD....CONGRESS RULE.
- 1992: Aligarh....176 DEAD.....CONGRESS RULE.
- 1992: Surat.......175 DEAD.....CONGRESS RULE.